Monday, July 18, 2011

another update

July 15th, I felt great this day! I got my chemo out and this was the day last time that I got sick! But I was thinking that maybe I wasn't going to get sick! Then, the Devil started playing tricks with my mind. Telling me the chemo wasn't working because I wasn't feeling sick. Anyone who knows me, knows I worry over EVERYTHING!!! I wake up some nights worrying about why I am worrying! I know, I need help! LOL! Anyway, I was just excited that I was feeling good because I really wanted to go to church to see the boys VBS program.
July 16th, I called people and bragged how I didn't get sick, but then in the back of my mind was that nagging thought of it not working! UGH! Well, that night, around midnight, IT HIT!!! Oh my word, I was so sick! Up all night, no sleep, throwing up! I am not talking a couple of hours! I am telling you, my kids were up before I felt comfortable enough to finally fall asleep. I just sat up, crying out to God to let me get through this!
July 17th, Of course this is the day of the VBS program and I didn't fall asleep until 7am, I am still sick and I am still sick! I just can't go! Poor Jon was up the whole night with me too. That is going to be his nick name from now on... Poor Jon! LOL! He sat in the bathroom with me at 5am while I was in the bath trying to feel better. Holding my hair as I was getting sick in the sink. So we both missed the program, but my parents did video it for me! This day, I ended up eating a banana and a bagel! I was pretty excited to get the bagel down!
July 18th, Today my stomach is better, just sore! But I can eat! So I did get to go see Jonny off to his camp today! So I was happy about that!
So that is it! We are all caught up! This is my week off (from chemo and dr appts) I did end up getting sick, but later in the week this time! I am planning on still going to Lake Mohave in August, we just don't know how long after chemo to plan it! I was hoping that the sickness would hit the same time after chemo, but that doesn't seem to be the case! So we are playing it by ear! Keep praying and thankfully I am half way through with this cycle of chemo!!! Only 2 more times!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! So I keep praying that you won't get as sick on chemo and then you fight it so God has to give you more sickness so you will feel better! Let me know if you want the sickness or not and I'll adapt the prayers for ya. ;) I'm so sorry you had to miss the boys' VBS program though. That had to be the worst of it, I'm sure. I hope you get your trip in and have a wonderful, relaxing time on it. We are still praying for you and the family!!

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete