Thursday, August 14, 2014

Catchin' up after Summer!

Sorry it has been so long since I have written! We have been more busy the passed 6 months than we have in the last 3 years combined!! I have been doing chemo every other week! On our weeks off, we try to go do something as a family! So, since December, we went to the Cabins as a family.  Had our Christmas there and met Santa, got home and went back onto chemo! Then in February, we decided to get a second opinion at Cancer Treatment Centers of America and we were there, just Jon and I for a week! My parents brought the kids up for the weekend and we went to a ghost town and then went looking a model homes for fun and took the kids to the park and met up with a high school friend! At the last day of the CTCA, they let me know that there wasn't anything more we could do! My original doctor was doing exactly what they would have done from the get go! So we left there broken hearted! Then in March it was off to PARADISE HERE ON EARTH... HAWAII!! The Dream Foundation got us a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo with full kitchen, a formal living room and a family room right on our own private lagoon! We were there for 5 days and then went back home.  All the while, I was still doing my chemo, loosing my hair and being sick when no one is looking!
Then we took a few months off and found COOPERSTOWN CHIROPRACTIC! It was GOD thing!! I just went because we were looking for a doctor who will adjust me because while I was at the Cancer Treatment Center, they told me my back was pretty bad and we needed to get it fixed! So we went to meet the dr and he had told me that he prayed for me that morning! That he believes God has big things in store for me! Since going to dr Cooper, my back feels SO MUCH BETTER! I used to not be able to get out of bed without taking my pain pills and laying in bed for about 30 minutes until they kicked in! Now I can get out of bed and walk without the pain pills! Also, since being there my cancer numbers have dropped by 100 points! I was at 380 and now they are around 280!
At the end of May, the boys got out of school! So for a full month, they were the only kids in the family out of school until mid-end of June. So I had to entertain them with science projects, water play, parks, art, and things like that for a whole month! Whew! I was exhausted!!
On June 19th our family decided to take off and surprise my grandma Harris, and all 14 of us flew to Washington DC, we stayed there for 3 days and saw the monuments, white house, capitol, the Smithsonian's! Our last stop was the Arlington Cemetery! If I could suggest anywhere to go, it would be here! Seeing all the graves of all the soldiers that have laid down their lives for our freedom, was unreal!  It was such a great time.  Then we rented 3 mini vans and went to Pennsylvania, our first stop was HERSHEY  It was more fun than I had remembered it was from my 8th grade trip! The kids were all in heaven!! The next day we went to Philadelphia!! We got dropped off at Independence Hall, saw the Liberty Bell, walked to Ben Franklins house, got authentic Philly Cheesesteaks, walked down to the Delaware River, then back to our hotel.  The next morning I got a knock on the door and a friend that I had met on the internet about 10 years ago, surprised  me and came to see me!! It was one of the highlights of my trip! Meeting Carol Ann was such a blessing! It was not weird at all and I wish we had longer to hang out together! Then we took off and headed to Gettysburg Pa!. Seriously one of the most beautiful and historical places I have been to! The boys loved it!  How could they not when it was filled with guns, cannons, flags, soldiers uniforms,  etc... The girls I have to admit were a tiny bored! Then we took off to Virginia and just took a day off to rest! Much needed sleep! In the morning we were off to NORTH CAROLINA to see my family that I haven't seen in forever!! The whole Harris side lives there! We all met at a restaurant, my grandma had no idea we were even coming!! What a great surprise! The whole family came in for the weekend and we stayed for very short time! Then we had the lonely, sad, flight home!! 10 fun filled, packed days of family and it was WONDERFUL!!! Not even the kids fought like they normally do!
Then in July we went on our yearly river trip!! IT WAS AMAZING!! The weather was about 115, but the water was perfect!
In between all the trips, I am still doing chemo and trying to keep the kids busy through the rest of the Summer. 
Last trip of the Summer was in August, it was a WONDERFUL Posh convention in Las Vegas.  Since Jon and I still celebrate the anniversary of our first date, we decided this would be our trip! We stayed at the Encore and Betsy and Darren were at the connecting hotel the Wynn, so while the girls were in the convention scoring a ton of new product... Darren and Jon were at the pool, gambling and hanging out in Vegas! They would come pick us up fro the convention and then Jon and I would go rest in our room together because it took a lot out of me! Our rooms were gorgeous suites! It was really one of the best weekends of our lives! We are so thankful to God for all the blessings of the trips that we got to do! He provided for us big time! There was no way we would have been able to do any of these trips without God providing us with all the blessings we needed to get there and spread his word~ and I did!!
Which brings us to now... I had a ct scan done yesterday and the dr told me he was not worried because with my numbers falling as they were, I just had a really bad feeling! The next day was chemo and the dr told us the results! He said he was extremely surprised with what he saw! My cancer is actually growning!!! WHAT? HOW? UGH!! So he said, he will give me one last chance for a miracle! He put me on the highest dose of the chemo for the next 3 sessions.  After 9 weeks, we are going to do another CT Scan! If it still shows that the chemo is growing.  We are going to have to change our course of action.  I am thinking he means clinical trials! I don't even know if I want to be a lab rat in front of my kids! So please pray for a BIG MIRACLE to happen in the next 9 weeks
So, the kids started school and I will have more time to jump on here and update the blog

also my friend is setting up meals for our family! Even if you are not in the same state, you can have the company deliver a meal in you! Please email me if you are not on my facebook and are interested in being part of the meals on wheels! My email is ciadamik@aol.com

thank you so much everyonw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment