Monday, December 17, 2012

Not just your run of the mill doctor appointment!

December 17th, 2012  HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET GIRL, CAYLEE!!

I have quickly learned that cancer doesn't care if it's your wedding day, anniversary or in my case... my only daughter's birthday!! It takes priority! :(  I have to stay on schedule and today was my doctor appointment.  It was supposed to be no big deal, just a normal appointment of blood work, blood pressure reading and seeing the doctor. I made it early so we could get home and spend the day with Caylee! But, I had mentioned I was still getting the headaches, but they were not as bad.  Then he reminded me that the reason they were not so bad was because he upped my pain meds! OH YA!! LOL! I didn't think of that! So he pretty much said enough is enough and ordered a CT Scan of my brain STAT!  He didn't want me to have more Avastin tomorrow if it was causing a brain bleed.  So we checked out and scheduled the CT and we had 45 minutes to spare.  We walked to Panera and had a quick breakfast and then headed back to St Jude. 
We checked in and it was the quickest CT I have EVER had!!!! They called me back and I was in and out in about 10 minutes, if that!! As I was getting off the machine, the guy who runs the machine said that one of his jobs is to put a rush on the scans that seem abnormal.  He said he technically isn't the one who reads the scans, but that after seeing my scan, he would NOT be putting a STAT on my scan!!! PRAISE GOD!!! He said that my doctor would have my result either that afternoon or the following morning and that no news is good news!! So far so good! We have not heard from the doctor!
I have had such a peace about this whole situation.  I have felt God's hand in this the entire time.  I have not even worried about this at all.  I just hope I get an answer for these headaches and not just told, "It's stress!!" Then, there is nothing really I can do for them.  I am not willing to slow my life down, not for cancer and certainly not for headaches!! I want as normal life for my family as we can get! Please keep praying for us!! We have come so far!! Please pray for my chemo tomorrow and the days that I am in bed with the chemo, that they go quickly!! I HATE IT!!!!!! Thanks for listening! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment