Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!

WE HAVE BEEN SO BUSY!! I have no other excuse for taking so long between blog posts! Jon is working late, again, so I thought I would take this alone time and catch everyone up on the lives of the Adamik family! I think I will do things a little different and instead of going by dates, I will go by the individual person in the family.

We will start with Caylee.  She had her appointment with the urologist who did an abdominal ultrasound and told us she needed to have the VCUG.  Then proceeded to ask why we denied the procedure with St Jude! We explained that the St Jude radiologists seemed reluctant to do it and we just didn't feel comfortable with her having to do that test with only having 1 UTI.  He agreed with us and then said that he would be sending her to CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) to have the procedure done.  So, the time came (Friday September 28th) and we took her in to have it done.  St Jude had told us it would take over an hour for the whole procedure, start to finish!!! CHOC told us that they would have it done in under 15 mins, but they still refused to give her any sort of sedation.  Jon was brave enough to take her back and hold her down while they put the catheter in and emptied her bladder, then filled it up with contrast and take x-rays.  They walked back into the waiting room where my mom, Susie and I were waiting on pins and needles and Caylee flew into my arms and just cried so hard!! She then said, "They took my diaper off!!"  She just felt so violated and uncomfortable.  It was the worst moment of my life and I have had a LOT of bad moments! I am crying just thinking about it.  Thankfully, my mom had come up with the idea to buy her a couple of little gifts to give her when she came out and we gave them to her right then! 2 seconds later she was oohing and ahhing over the new Strawberry Shortcake doll and lotion set my mom and I bought her.  I on the other hand, was not so easily over it.  The doctor told us she would be over it physically right away! So after nap, we took her and the boys to Disneyland with my sister and her sons!
We have an appt with the urologist on October 17th to go over the results of the VCUG!

Josiah has been doing well! We found a christian counselor! He has been seeing her every other week.  He doesn't like going and getting him to participate is a chore, but he is going!! She told us that we have done a great job with him by encouraging his love of  being a "Godiner" (this is exactly how he spells gardener!) He loves to plant, water and weed! We have actually eaten his peas for dinner! She told us that gardening is very therapeutic and calming! I just wanted to keep him busy and out of trouble! LOL!
School wise he is doing well also.  We have parent/teacher conferences coming up next week, but we are not hearing any negatives like we were in the previous years.  He, for the first time, started going straight up to the table and doing his homework without me pulling teeth.  I mean he literally comes home and pulls his homework out and does it quietly!! ITS AMAZING!! But let me tell you, that little boy keeps me on my toes!! He is a busy little guy!!

Jonny has also started going to counseling with his brother! He likes it a lot more that Joey does.  He actually talks and is interested in it! Hopefully it will rub off on his brother!
He loves school and told me he has goals this year to be proficient in Language Arts!! I was so proud of him.  Having goals is a big thing for me!  I want my children to reach for the stars! He also starts band tomorrow! He is very excited about that too!
Soccer is his love though, we have been in full soccer mode for the past month! He has soccer practice 2 times a week for 1.5 hours and then a game on Saturday! My husband and dad think they are the coaches though! I have told Jonny to tune them out and listen to his real coach! ha ha! Poor kid!  But, if you ever want to see pure joy, just watch Jonny play soccer.  He has a permanent smile on his face the entire time!!
Jon is busier than ever! The poor guy never stops.  He takes the boys to counseling, works full time, never misses a soccer games, has gone to every one of Caylee's dr appts and tries to make it to as many of mine as he can.  Every so often (not often enough) he tries to get away with the guys and do something on his own.  He really wants to go hunting with a buddy for the day next week and I am praying it happens!

Now we end with me!!  I am already so over chemo!! I have had 2 rounds already and the week in between just flies by! I am trying to keep myself really busy by planning baby showers, birthdays and upcoming holidays.  I feel like if I keep busy, the cancer won't catch up to me! I have a CT Scan on Friday and I think we are all afraid of what the results are going to be.  Even my dr mentioned that they might not be good because of my recent surgery or something like that.  I have stopped paying attention to be honest.  I just do what I am told and go through all the motions like a good girl! I know that the cancer has grown because my numbers have been through the roof! I had been off for a while though and I need to remember that.  It is just so easy for the devil to play tricks with my mind.  I have been really trying to get into the Word and Jon and I started a prayer journal that we actually have been doing pretty good at keeping up with!  I have also started going to the Friday morning ladies Bible study, so what did I expect.  Of course Satan would come attacking!! But luckily my God is way bigger than all of this!! He is way bigger than cancer, I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but when you are in this storm, it is sometimes hard to see that!!

If you are still reading this, THANK YOU FRIEND!!! Keep praying for my family, HE IS LISTENING!!!!!  Love you all so much!!


3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful CA!!! Girl you are just doing amazing things. Of course the devil wants to get you down. But he won't. You have the strength and courage and faith to make it through. Glad the kids are doing well. Sorry about poor Caylee. I can't believe they didn't give her something to calm her down. And I am sure there was a ton of mommy guilt and mommy sadness over it. We hate to see our kids sick. Glad the boys are doing well. Nice that the counseling process started and they are making the transition. Praying for you every day. Love you so much!!! If I ever get on the Ellen show you are coming with me!!! It's gonna happen. We are destined to meet!!! Keep your chin up to the Lord the Most High God is on your side. What more could you need (still going to pray anyway). Love you!!! <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Adamiks! Though we don't write much, I check your blog regularly. Thanks for sharing the good, bad, and everything in between! May He continue to give you grace and strength, and please say hello to the Friday morning ladies! Love, Craig & Kristi, and Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the update. I'm praying that God works on those numbers for you. I'm glad the boys are doing better and Caylee was able to get over her procedure quickly! It's amazing what a new toy can do!! :) Love you!! Remember, Satan always shoots arrows toward the faithful but our Father is protecting you!!

    ReplyDelete