Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life after surgery!

I wanted to let you all know that I am doing very well after my gallbladder surgery!  I went into the hospital at 10am (of course I was fashionably late and they were waiting for me!) and was released at 3:30pm! My surgery started at 12pm.  When I got home I felt alright, by 10pm, I was feeling really REALLY bad! I made myself wake up every 2 hours to walk around the house.  They had told me the more you walk the better you feel because it gets the gas that they fill you up with out! Jon and I took our nightly walk, but only made it a couple houses down!
The next day (Saturday) I was extremely sore and tired! I felt as if someone took a bat to my stomach a couple times.  I did muster up the strength to go to Jonny's soccer tournament! He had 2 games that I was able to attend.  We also went to lunch in between the games. I did find time in there to take a quick 45 minute power nap! :) Tonight we made it half way for our nightly walk!

Sunday I was feeling even better.  I went to church and came home and took a 2 hour nap.  After my nap we ran to Lowes and got some supplies to finally paint the hallway.  I really wanted to help, but Jon wouldn't let me.  So I read my Karen Kingsbury book! HA HA!! I was taught I have to obey my husband right? Tonight we walked our normal distance for our walk!! Getting up from sitting position was a KILLER!!

Monday we almost finished the hall, by we, I mean Jon and my dad!! I pretty much did nothing! I did continue to read! hee hee! By Monday I felt sore still and I was VERY bruised! But much better than Friday night!! We skipped our walk this night

Tuesday was business as usual! Kids back to school, house cleaned, a little shopping, homework, dinner made, soccer, baths, bed for the kids and Internet time for me! I feel like I have been kicked in the ribs and it hurts to breathe deep and I am a little slow getting up and down, but other than that, I am back to my old self! I am back to chemo next week!

UPDATE ON CAYLEE~ we got referred to the head of the pediatric urology depart of CHOC and UCI (yes he is the head of both!) His name is Antoine Khoury! We have an appointment with him tomorrow morning!
Also tomorrow we got Joey an appointment with a Christian counselor!! It took us about 15 phone calls, but finally we found someone whose practice is CHRIST CENTERED!!!!  So that is tomorrow evening!
Please keep on praying for my little family! I feel like we are cracking under pressure! So every little prayer matters!
Gotta go on our nightly walk now!! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment