Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally starting the fight!



June 28th, Well, this morning I started the war against Cancer!!! I went to the infusion center and waited in the waiting room for 50 mins before finally being called back. I sat in a huge recliner and Jon (he was the only one there because they only allow 1 visitor with a patient at a time!) sat in the most uncomfortable chair I had ever seen! LOL! I was only scared because they were going to use the Port and it is still so sore and painful!! So my nurse Myrna, started pushing around where the Port is to find it because it is still so swollen! That was the only painful thing about today. She found the Port and she stuck the needle in! I sat doing Chemo for over 4 hours. The last 30 mins I was getting really bad hot flashes. I did not feel sick during the Chemo. You can snack and drink during it, watch TV, get up and go to the bathroom (u just push the IV with you). Luckily my friend Amy sent me a care package yesterday with magazines, a word search, gum, etc... so that kept us busy for the most part. After it was over, they hooked up the chemo that I would be doing at home. The picture in the left corner is my pump and chemo bag for the next 2 days. I turn it in on Thursday at 11:30am. All in all it was a lot easier than I expected. The best surprise was my pastor's wife, Marilyn, came to visit on her lunch break! She works at St Jude, so she popped by to chat for a little bit. So now we wait and pray that the next 8 weeks go by quickly and are effectively melting my tumors and cancer away!!

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for your complete healing and that you don't get *too* sick throughout the chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying night and day for your fight and recovery. With God on your side the battle is already a victory. I'm so thankful the Lord lives in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met you but I just wanted to let you know that I am praying that God will heal you quickly. That God will comfort you and your husband and children through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christianne, I am Peyton-Leigh's mother and I wanted you to know that I have been keeping you in my prayers ever since she told me about you. I pray that you and your family have continued strength and courage and that with the help of your doctors, nurses, meds and equipment, you will quickly beat this cancer and be on your way to good health.

    "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
    Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete