Monday, October 20, 2014

New CT results

Thank you to everyone who is praying for me! I have said it before and I will say it again, HE IS LISTENING! So, the last CT scan said that there was a little bit of growth and my dr wanted me to wait 6 weeks and have another CT and we would decide from there what to do! I was SO SURE, this was the beginning of the end! I had myself prepared for the absolute worst! The cancer was growing and I would be taken off the chemo and I would start on a new medicine that was not a chemo, but would stop or slow the growth of the cancer! I was at peace, we went in to hear the results and the dr said, "Well, you just don't stop surprising me! The chemo seems to be working and we are going to continue with how we are going and do your next CT scan after the new year!" I was stunned!! I was so sure that it was growing that I actually didn't know how to feel! I know for some of you that sounds weird, but I really never in a million years thought this would be the result! He told me that not only did the chemo stop the growth, but my cancer numbers have dropped even more! My head was spinning! Then I remembered, that meant more chemo. I am so grateful for the time God is giving me, but it doesn't make me like chemo anymore than I ever have! I am so happy!! This means I get to enjoy my holidays!! I don't need to stress that I may not see Christmas this year! I know I can't be completely sure that something won't happen, but my chances of being here for our trip to the cabins for Christmas is pretty good! I can focus on the short future, instead of stressing about the here and now only! I will be able to enjoy watching Jonny turn 13 years old and Caylee turning 5 years old! This is a HUGE thing for me! When I first got diagnosed, I remember praying, "Lord, let me see Jonny turn 13 and Caylee turn 5, I remember my 5th birthday, she will remember me!" HE LISTENED TO ME!! This is such a miracle!
So, when I say, "Keep pray, He is listening!!" HE REALLY IS LISTENING!! Praise GOD for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment