Monday, January 21, 2013

So far... SO GOOD!!

I started the new pills on Wednesday the 16th.  I take a total of 8 pills a day, 4 at 8am and 4 at 5pm.  I do this for 2 weeks, then have a week off from everything.  So, I started my pills that (Wednesday) morning, went in and had my regular doctors appointment.  I didn't ask what my cancer numbers were this time, I was too preoccupied with the new pills.  The doctor seemed a little nervous about me starting these pills, but knew I needed them because I am done doing the 5-FU.  I think because of human error.  I could forget to take the pills, or take them late, etc...  He said if I have any side effects to call him.  BUT I KNOW I WILL NOT BE MAKING THAT PHONE CALL!!
After my appointment, I went to my regular chemo.  I had chemo for 4 to 5 hours, forgetting that I am getting practically a double dose of it because I now get 2 weeks between my chemo sessions.  Then went home.  I have not missed any pills and have been doing really good on them! GOD IS GOOD!! It has been almost a week and had almost a double dose of my IV chemo and I do not have any side effects.  So thank you for all your prayers, again God has been merciful to me and has given me strength to keep going!
So my new chemo schedule is 2 weeks on the pills and I do a double dose of my IV chemo on the first day, then 1 week off of everything.  I will get 2 weeks off between chemo sessions.  I don't go back to chemo until February 7th!!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!

Also, we want to kindly remind everyone that I have a compromised immune system.  With it being cold and flu season we want to ask that everyone be symptom free for at least 48 hours before coming around.  It may be a tiny runny nose to you, but for me, it could mean a hospital trip.  We are not singling anyone out, this is a household rule for everyone!!! I WILL BE HOSPITALIZED FOR A FEVER OF 100.5!!! Thank you for understanding and please do not take offense to this!! There are times I have to be a little selfish and this is one of those times. 

I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers!! Remember, GOD IS LISTENING!!! I am just in awe of all the prayers he has answered so far!!! Keep praying for full and complete healing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment