Monday, January 14, 2013

New chemo!!!

I wanted to update everyone and let them know I have made a BIG decision to quit doing the 5-FU (the take home) Chemo!!! I just hate doing it, it really breaks my spirits and has me in a bad place the whole time I am doing it.  We found out that the 5-FU is one of the only chemos that come in pill form also! It is called Xeloda.  They should be delivered tomorrow!  So we should be starting that this week.  There are some side effects that I need  you to pray I don't have!! Obviously nausea and vomiting.  Another is what they call hand and foot syndrome.  Pretty much your hands and feet get extremely dry, turn red, and very itchy. Pretty much the most terrible case of eczema you can think of!! Constipation and/or diarrhea, problems with your sense of taste, tiredness and/or weakness and mouth sores.  Please pray I am the 20% who doesn't not have any side effects from these pills.  I really think that these pills will fit so much better with my life, especially if I don't have the side effects.
I will update again once I start my pills or after my doctor appointment on Wednesday, which ever comes first!! Thanks for all the prayers.  Keep them up!! God is listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment