Thursday, March 22, 2012

Praise report!!

I AM GETTING MY REVERSAL SURGERY!!! I got a call on Monday, March 12th saying that Dr Panares (my oncologist) wanted me to do a PET Scan ASAP!! I asked why when I just had a CT Scan. The receptionist said she would have Dr P call me back and answer all my questions. He called back and told me that Dr. D (my surgeon) said he would do my surgery, but only if the PET Scan comes back clear of any cancer, disease and my intestines are healthy and strong enough to handle the surgery. He also said I couldn't be around pregnant people or children for 6 hours after being injected with the radioactive material for the scan. So we decided it was time to enroll Caylee in preschool. We were already kicking around the idea because my mom needs a break, especially on the days I have chemo and I am not feeling good.

March 15th~ Day of my scan and the first day of Caylee's preschool. Jon dropped her off early in the morning because we had to be at St Jude at 7:30am! He said she did really good and didn't even cry!! I was so worried! So, we get there and we only waited a few minutes when they called me back. I went back and they had me sit in a big recliner. Jon came back with me and stayed as long as they would let him. So then they accessed my port and injected me with the radioactive material. They made Jon leave and I had to lay still for an hour while the stuff went thru me and attached itself to the active cancer cells. They I went into a room and they put me in the machine. It was a long tube that had the ends opened (like a toilet paper roll) and I was in it for 45 minutes. Jon got to sit at the end of the tube while I was in there. We weren't allowed to talk until the last 20 minutes. Finally it was over and we left.

March 16th~ I got a call from my oncologist's office saying that I was being referred back to the surgeon!!!! I figured that meant the PET Scan came back clear! They made the appt for Monday the 19th!

March 19th~ I went to my appt with Dr D! He came in and talked about the surgery and what the surgery entails. I then asked him if he could go over the PET Scan results because no one read them to me. As he was reading them over to himself, I said, "OH NO!! Don't tell me, I have cancer!!!" He just rolled his eyes at me, I thought it was funny!! LOL!! So he continued reading the scan and said, "You know about the cancer in your lungs, there is also cancer in your liver, you know that." Then I said, "Yes, and I know about the cancer in my bladder." Then he said, "YOU DON'T HAVE CANCER IN YOUR BLADDER!!" I couldn't believe it!! So he read straight from the report. It said that there was an abnormality in my abdomen in front of my bladder that was from the first surgery. He said it was probably a hematoma and he would remove it during this surgery! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!! Even though they found another spot on my liver, I was mostly upset that it had spread to another organ. But, it didn't!!!!! God is healing me 1 organ at a time. I just have to be patient! Something I still need to learn!

So my surgery is scheduled for April 18th at 1:30pm. I have to get there 2 hours early. The bad part is, the 2 days before my surgery I have to do the prep. They are making me do the same prep as a coloscopy for 2 days in a row. So nothing but clear liquids for 2 days and 4 bottles of Magnesium Citrate!!! I honestly don't know if I can do it. It is hard enough to only do 1 day and 2 bottles! So please pray I can get thru those days. Then for the surgery to not even be until 1:30! I am going to be a zombie!! But, there IS good news..... NO CHEMO UNTIL AT LEAST 2 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY!!! Yay!! I am so happy to get a break!!

Remember keep praying because God is listening AND answering our prayers!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment